Privacy Notice Table Of Contents:
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
1) We have a legal, ethical and moral obligation to protect your confidentiality. Any information about you and/or your family will be held strictly confidential by all employees. No discussion about you outside of the patient care framework will be allowed and any conversation between staff members that pertains to delivering you quality care will be held in a confidential and professional manner.
2) In order to provide quality care to you, as well as operate this office in an efficient manner, we will need to access your private healthcare information for purposes of treatment, payment and operations (such as quality assurance). In using this information this office will comply with all state and federal laws pertaining to your privacy rights, including the Privacy and Security protections provided to you by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
3) Specifically, we will need to disclose your private information under the following circumstances:
a) Sharing Information for purposes of treatment: We will share information with all members of your treatment team, both within this office and with other providers (personal and institutional) in order to provide you with quality care and the education/wellness programs specified in your insurance plan;
b) Sharing of Information for Purposes of Payment: We will share all necessary information with your insurer(s), payor(s), governmental entities (such as Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, etc.) and their representatives (including, but not limited to benefits determination and utilization review) as well as our representatives involved in the billing process (including, but not limited to claims representatives, and electronic claims clearing houses)
c) Sharing of Information For Purposes of Operations: We will share all information necessary for ongoing operations of this office. Including, (but not limited to) credentialing processes, peer review, accreditation and compliance with all federal and state laws.
4) Your consent for use and disclosure of information as described may be revoked in writing at any time. Please notify the office Privacy Officer if you ever decide to revoke your consent.
5) Your specific authorization will be required for the release of any information not included above or specifically given in your general consent form located in your patient medical record. Your authorization will need to be in writing and it will be specific to the disclosure requested. Incidences which may require your authorization under the HIPAA regulations include (but are not limited to) some marketing purposes (e.g., notice of new procedures available in our office). Your private health care or personal information will not be given to anyone for the purpose of marketing outside of this office.
6) RealEyes Vision/Optical Center and Michael D. Tschoepe, M.D., P.A. will not release any information other than those incidents described above, unless disclosure is required by law, a court, a legal process or government agencies.
7) When the HIPAA privacy rule becomes effective (4/14/03) in this office, you will have the right to inspect and copy your protected information, amend your record (on a separate form), have reasonable requests for confidential communications accommodated and may obtain an accounting of disclosures. All other rights afforded to you by state and federal law will be honored as they are created. This office will attempt to comply with any of your requests before the HIPAA compliance date if feasible. Please contact the Privacy Officer if you have any questions about your rights or any other privacy questions you may have.
8) RealEyes Vision/Optical Center has policies and procedures in place to facilitate compliance with the law as well as assure that this office consistently treats you with respect for you, your privacy and confidentiality. These policies and procedures are available for you to review. If you would like to read them please notify the Privacy Officer.
9) The Privacy Officer is the person in the office responsible for your privacy and the security of your information. Any complaints you or your family may have in this area should be directed to the Privacy Officer. The front office staff will assist you in contacting them.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Real Eyes website. On some pages, you can register to receive our Consumer Awareness Guide. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
a) Sharing Information for purposes of treatment: We will share your information with all members of your treatment team, both within this office and with other providers (personal & institutional) in order to provide you with quality care and the educational/wellness programs specified in your insurance plan;
b) Sharing of Information for Purposes of Payment: We will share all necessary information with your insurer(s), payor(s),governmental entities (such as Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare,etc.) and their representatives (including, but not limited to benefit determination and utilization review) as well as your representatives involved in the billing process (including, but not limited to) claims representatives, data warehouses, billing companies.
c) Sharing of Information for Purposes of Operations: We will share all information necessary for ongoing operations of this office (including but not limited to) the credentialing process, peer review, accreditation and compliance with all federal and state laws.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
You can register with our website if you would like to receive our Consumer Awareness Guide as well as updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 830-609-6905 (metro number) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.